thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, October 24, 2022

Cuppa Joy!

The Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party is still going strong!

My card today was inspired by one of the Unity Stamp Co. Design Team, Tenia Nelson. Her cards have a clean & simple look but still dimensional and interesting utilizing the white space on the card! 

Today's card showcases some Unity stamps in action. First is the background, pop dots background. I started by stamping this large A2 size background stamp onto white cardstock with versamark and using white gina k. designs embossing powder. I then ink blended some speckled egg and vintage photo distress oxides over the embossed image. I then sprayed some water to soften it up a bit. Die cut a small part of it using the smallest rectangle from the Scallops & Rectangles nesting dies. I then added some sparkly blue/silver washi tape to opposite corners and stapled the corner for extra pizazz.

Next I stamped the cup from joy, peace and comfort mug onto some watercolor paper with VersaMark and clear embossing powder, then did it again with VersaFine Clair in nocturne and embossed with clear. I took the two oxide colors from the background and smeared some onto an acrylic block and used it as a pallette. Using a water brush I diluted the colors and colored the cup with them. "JOY" was stamped using the VersaFine Clair nocturne and clear embossing powder as well. Then I fussy cut! I added some foam adhesive to the back and some blue sequins to finish it off.

This linky party keeps on going until Friday the 28th so be sure to link up your cards and/or projects to be eligible for a random drawing for some amazing prizes! Sponsor list is below!


Angie Blom Digital Designs

Fresh and Renewed with Teresa

Gina K. Designs

Colorado Crafty Company

Newton's Nook

Jaded Blossom

NEW Sponsor - Pink & Main

Gina Marie Designs

Tawny Owl Paperie

Unity Stamp Co.

NEW Sponsor - Pretty Pink Posh

Twiddler's Nook

Lawn Fawn

NEW Sponsor - Therm O Web

Not 2 Shabby

NEW Sponsor - Danni's Dreams

In Love with Paper - Cindy Messer

Taylored Expressions

NEW Sponsor - Kat Scrappiness


Thanks for following along!

4 comments:

  1. Cool background stamp, and I love the cup design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Tenia's style - I love it! The BG is really fun and I love how creative you were with it. It's a brew-tiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Jenni! I love the pretty polka dots and the colors!

    ReplyDelete