Sunday, July 21, 2024

{BYSHC} Christmas in July 2024 Linky Party - Peace ~ Love ~ Joy

 Welcome back! The {BYSHC} Christmas in July 2024 Linky Party is a great chance for me to use up some scraps and build my stash of holiday cards to keep December stress free!


More scraps were used on this one! These scraps are mostly from a Stampin Up pack, that I have no idea the name! :)


Unity Stamp Co. was used a lot on this one! I cut the 1/2" strips of paper, adhered them together, then cut 1/2" strips to be laid on the diagonal to create this really beautiful background! I shared in a post earlier in the week that the technique came from a video I watched (but apparently did not save)! I love this technique! Maybe I will create my own video someday! :) The paper-pieced panel and the kraft background panel were die cut using the two largest scalloped and rectangle nesting dies. Definitely my MOST used nesting dies! The stamp set used for the tag (which was created using a piece of white paper, cut into a tag shape) is called Winter Cheer and Deer. The deer and the distress wording background are all one stamp! The words are also in the set and were stamped using lumberjack plaid and then cut out. Red enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs along with some black twine and fibers from my stash to finish it off. Mounted the tag using some foam adhesive from Therm-O-Web!


Be sure to give a look at the blog to find the list of sponsors who will be graciously providing the prizes for this linky party! Three of which I used on this card!!

Also entering this card into The Color Hues Challenge for July! #91 - Red and Green!


Thanks for visiting and hope to see you soon!!





8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, Jenni! The background you made from the scraps and the papers you chose are so pretty together. Love it with your deer tag and the red sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you back with card #2, Jenni. Love the DSP, your stamped image and the way you did the greeting. Thanks for playing along again at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said on your earlier post, this process is so impressive! Your deer is quite elegant as a silhouette for the main image. Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all this paper piecing you did for this wonderful background. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous way to use those scraps of DP Jenni, must try that technique. Thanks for linking up again at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a BG like this after seeing your first one (linking up later!), I love it so much! And I have more papers pulled together to do make another one. This regal deer is so perfect and the whole card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

{BYSHC} Sketch 50 - Merry Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! We are still working with  {BYSHC} Sketch 50 until the end of the month. This month's sponsor is A Colorful Lif...