Monday, July 22, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party - O Holy Night

 Hello again and thanks for visiting! The Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party is in full swing! 


I like to use the linky party to go through my scrap bin and use up as many scraps as I can! It's so fun to see what I've got left and what combinations I can come up with!


This card background is similar to one I shared previously, but this time (mostly because I forgot what I was doing ;) I placed the 1/2" strips on the diagonal first, then cut, then placed them straight across...basically reverse order! I'll link the post here where I talked about it the first time...with some instructions!


Most of these papers are from a Unity Stamp Co. paper pack called snowy winter greetings...it's one of my favorites! After all the strips were stuck down, I ran it through the die cut machine using the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die. Not only does it make the edge nice, it also applies extra pressure to the scrap pieces to make sure everything is adhered well. The sentiment is also from Unity Stamp Co., an itty bitty called brightly shining. I die cut both circles using the scalloped and circle nesting die set. The yellow ink blending on the inside was a technique shared by Unity Design Team Member Lisa Arana...the blog post is here! Next I added some sheer ribbon and some white enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs to finish it off.

Don't forget to have your entries posted to the {BUSHC} Blog before the link closes on the 26th!




6 comments:

  1. I think I love this one! The papers are so muted and beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun of the Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this technique - even in reverse order! Beautiful card, Jenni! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winter paper for this card and a fab spotlight on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty using that fun quilt technique. I have so many scraps, I could make 1,000 of these ... and I thought about using my Christmas washi tape that doesn't get enough love, too. Love the colors of this BG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL card! I really love the technique for your background. I really need to try this one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

~ September 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop ~ Color Challenge!

Here we are...September! Whew that was fast! The Friends of Unity are hopping again! This month is a color challenge! Just in time for all t...