Friday, July 26, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party - Merry Christmas

We've made it to the very last day of the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party! Don't be sad...you still have time to submit any and all entries before midnight tonight!


Another quilted scrappy background card! I had no idea when I made the first one, the response I would get! I'm so blown away by the comments and other versions! It's so fun!! 


Another piece from the "later" box is this vellum sheet with the Farm Fresh Girl from Unity Stamp Co. After I had pieced all the background together, I die cut it with the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die....also from Unity. So I had this vellum piece with the girl stamped and embossed just sitting here. I remembered seeing a video of a card using vellum just like this so I had to find it! The YouTube video by Heather Hoffman is here! 


I followed her instruction and stamped and fussy cut the girl out of white cardstock and attached it as she instructed. I didn't sew like she did, but after I glued the top on, I added a thick piece of ribbon to cover the glue mark!

LOVE THIS!! Thanks Heather for an amazing tutorial!!

Don't forget submit before midnight!


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Jenni! Loving the vellum! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loove it!!! I tried this technique and Your came out so much better LOL I have no patience. Great job I love your image on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wonderful background and I love the way you used the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you left her uncolored over the pretty quilted BG. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

{BYSHC} Sketch 50 - Merry Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! We are still working with  {BYSHC} Sketch 50 until the end of the month. This month's sponsor is A Colorful Lif...