Friday, July 19, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party - Christmas Season

 Hello and welcome back to the Christmas in July 2024 BYSHC Linky Party! I have another scrap card to share!

We are still hopping along on the 2024 Christmas in July Linky Party and my goal is to use up a bunch of scraps! It's my weakness...scraps! I just have a hard time throwing away pretty paper! :) This technique is so fun! I wish I could find the video to share with you, but I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it! It's a quilting technique that makes the most amazing backgrounds!


Most of the scraps for this card came from a paper pack by My Minds Eye called Christmas Wish with a couple solid cardstock colors thrown in. The main gist of this technique is to cut your scraps into 1/2" strips. The video showed using acetate sheets, but I used copy paper to keep the bulk down. Glue them onto the copy paper in straight stripes across with a slight space between them. Once everything is stuck down, take that background panel and cut it into 1/2" strips going up and down to create strips of tiny squares!  Arrange them as you like onto a cardbase panel, spacing them so a little white space shows between the rows. I chose to have mine go diagonal, but they can be placed any way you choose! After it was all stuck down, I trimmed the edges and used the largest scalloped and rectangle nesting die from Unity Stamp Co. to die cut it out (this also helps to mash it all together and make sure everything is stuck)! I had to add a little more glue to the tiny edge pieces that didn't get enough glue the first time! The cute little reindeer is from a Taylored Expressions set called Fluffy Friends - Holiday. This set also has a matching die set as well! The sentiment is from a cut apart sentiment sheet from Unity Stamp Co. that don't appear to be available on their website. I added some white enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs as well!  


Be sure to get your entries posted to the {BYSHC} Blog to be eligible for our fantastic sponsored prizes! You can find the list there as well!

I am also entering this cutie into a new-to-me challenge blog.....The Color Hues Challenge. The current challenge is #91 - Red and Green! Right up my alley!




12 comments:

  1. Wow! I am loving your scraps background! Beautiful card, Jenni! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use your scraps, Jenni! That is dedication! Love the look. Your background looks so cute with your cute reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing background! The process seemed pretty overwhelming, but the result is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues! Hope you'll be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING card! The background sounds like a lot of work but the end results speak for itself. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is bargello and the strips moved up and down to make a fun pattern look great, and the cute little reindeer is perfect added over the top. I thought it was bargello so I put that into youtube and some videos came up. A very pretty look for this Christmas card Jenni. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that this technique has a name!!! Thank you Pat for sharing that!!

      Delete
  6. I am so impressed with that background! This is one outstanding card! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that scrappy background and will have to try doing it this way! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love that background! Thanks for joining the fun of the Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I'm done commenting, I think I have to go try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use all those pretty DP scraps that we can't bare to part with, I'm as guilty as the next! Thanks for sharing at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card and that background wow!!!! I will have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete

{BYSHC} Sketch 50 - Merry Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! We are still working with  {BYSHC} Sketch 50 until the end of the month. This month's sponsor is A Colorful Lif...