Thursday, July 25, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party - Non-Traditional Colors

 This card is a little unusual! I searched in Pinterest for "non-traditional Christmas colors" and this combo popped up! Love Love LOVE!! The Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party is close to setting a record for entries! Be sure yours is entered before midnight on Friday!


As with another post from earlier this week, I am entering this into another challenge blog as well as this one! The Hero Arts Blog has their current challenge going called "color my world!" To me that means lots of colors! Vibrant, crisp, distinct!


This one came about with a lot of indecision on my part! Let me start at the beginning. I started off with a white panel of cardstock. I taped down a Hero Arts stencil from the Flower Swirls stencil pack. I started in the center with scattered straw, next I went to the edges with old paper. The middle is two different pinks, worn lipstick and spun sugar. As I said above I searched for "non-traditional CHRISTMAS colors" so when I finished with this I struggled to create a Christmas card. But I was determined, so I cut the panel in half and will use the other half for likely a birthday card! After I ink blended, I took some white acrylic paint thinned down and splattered it on. Then I added some distress mica spray in tarnished brass to an acrylic block and splattered that on as well. It's super sparkly! Since it shimmers so much, I found a piece of gold cardstock that I used as the base. Distressed the edges a bit and glued it on. Here is where the indecision came in......white or black "merry?" I cut both, put them both on and still couldn't decide. So I took the negative of the white and stuck the black die cut inside and it solved that! I used the die as a template for the outside. I drew around it with a pencil and then fussy cut it out! :) I stamped the "& bright" onto the gold and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I added some gems from PinkFresh Studio and it's perfect! :)





see how pretty it is!?!?




Thanks for visiting!!




4 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the pretty color palette! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very pretty! That flower was made for these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color combo, so FESTIVE!!
    Thanks so much for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete

~ September 2024 Friends of Unity Blog Hop ~ Color Challenge!

Here we are...September! Whew that was fast! The Friends of Unity are hopping again! This month is a color challenge! Just in time for all t...